The Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio Chapter is a professional organization for attorneys and the judiciary who practice in the federal system or have an interest in federal law. We are committed to strengthening the federal legal system and administration of justice by serving the interests and needs of the federal practitioner, both public and private, the federal judiciary and the public they serve. The Northern District of Ohio Chapter has more than 500 members – lawyers, judges and law students from Toledo to Youngstown to Canton, and all points in between.
Benefits of Membership
– Throughout the year, FBA-NDOC sponsors a number of events that provide opportunities for our members to network with fellow practitioners as well as federal judges. These include:
- “Brown Bag Lunches,” which bring our members together in an informal setting with members of our local federal judiciary;
- A Summer Associates Reception which gives law clerks and legal interns an opportunity to network with each other as well as federal judges and federal practitioners;
- A members-only summer networking event at an interesting local venue. In the past, we’ve visited Severance Hall, the restored Capitol Theatre and the Cleveland Museum of Art;
- Networking breakfasts hosted by member at their law firms, allowing federal practitioners to discuss issues with colleagues and build their referral networks;
- The annual State of the Court luncheon, our signature event, typically attracts members and guests from throughout our region;
- Special events honoring federal judges upon their investiture or their retirement;
Continuing Legal Education
- Collaboration with law schools throughout the region including the University of Akron, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland-Marshall and the University of Toledo.
– The FBA-NDOC offers a variety of training seminars to help attorneys improve their practice and meet the requirements for CLE credits. These include everything from new lawyer training seminars to the popular “Iron Lawyer” competition in which attorneys compete by presenting their closing arguments from recent cases. Other popular topics include bankruptcy, white collar crime, antitrust and law office management. Members save on the cost of FBA-sponsored CLEs and can attend our annual “Ethics, Professionalism and Substance Abuse” CLE free of charge.
– Members have the exclusive opportunity to submit articles for publication in the Chapter’s award-winning e-newsletter, Inter Alia
, which is distributed to more than 10,000 attorneys admitted to practice in the Northern District of Ohio.
Opportunities for community service
– Our Chapter is very proud of its involvement in the community and support for those less fortunate. Each year, we participate in a variety of pro bono activities including mentoring high school students for Mock Trial competitions and staffing brief advice and referral clinics for Legal Aid.
Additional benefits of membership are offered by the National Federal Bar Association. To review National FBA benefits, please click here
We invite you to join the award-winning Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio Chapter, one of the fastest growing and most dynamic FBA Chapters in the US! If you have any questions, please contact us at 877-322-6364 or email@example.com.